Our volunteer coordinator will help you determine how best to get involved. Daily, weekly, or maybe just on occasional weekends.
- Daily program volunteers participate during the program hours between 2:30p.m. and 5:00p.m., Monday – Friday, as homework helpers or activity assistants.
- Special events volunteers join in at locations.
- Corporate volunteers are employees participating in their company’s volunteer program. Ongoing, periodic or one-time event opportunities are available.
- Administrative volunteers assist with office duties at our campus location at Alvarado Middle School.
- Sports volunteers help coaches and share their expertise in a favorite sport.
- Mentors offer support, friendship, and a constructive example to an individual/or a group of students. A mentor’s guidance and encouragement helps children explore their special talents and navigate their life decisions constructively.
The volunteer will work with the volunteer coordinator and/or site director to determine the best location.
Fingerprinting & Background Check
Since volunteers will have access to youth, they will all long term need to successfully pass a background check and fingerprinting. The cost for this will be covered by The Village Method (TVM) and valid only in the New Haven Unified School District’s jurisdiction.
Special Events Volunteers
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer with The Village Method’s After-school Enrichment Program but are unavailable during the week, the organization also seeks Special Events volunteers for a variety of weekend events and field trips throughout the year. By becoming a Special Events volunteer, your name is placed in our database and your will be notified of special events scheduled outside of the regular program hours that require volunteer participation. Only accept those events that work best for you.
TVM’s Volunteer Department Coordinator
Attn: Mahea Gaskins
P.O. Box 431
Hayward, CA 94543
Check out TVM on Volunteer Match!